Sunday, November 2, 2014

bookmark this thought and save for further reflection

I don't want kids. I'm not opposed to marriage/perpetual monogamy, what have you. But motherhood's not for me. I don't have the urge to pro-create. Sure I find them cute. I can make funny faces, toss them in the air and make them giggle-y. But I don't want to take them home.

This is not the popular way to go for women, I am aware. I'm sure people have their opinions of people who don't want to have kids (i.e., they're selfish, too self-absorbed; they don't know what they will be missing; they are ignorant of the joys of parenthood; they will change their minds and by then it'll be too late - ha!).

Those opinions might represent me. Who knows. People (save for those who are capable of looking beyond and poking holes through their own biases) will see what they want to see.

The thing is -- I don't owe anyone an explanation. I just owe one to myself. And if the explanation is something I can live with. Then that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment