Saturday, July 24, 2010

work in progress

i need a lot of work on myself. i've always known that but i keep getting distracted. multi-tasking is a sought-after trait but i've observed that prolonged multi-tasking puts a strain on my discipline and self-control. i need to work on myself one bad habit at a time.

so, i've decided to start a blog to monitor and build my self-awareness on my habits, values, and beliefs. i will work to get to the point where i can be brutally honest with myself. no bs. no convoluted, far-fetched excuses to rationalize my laziness or shortcomings. acknowledgment is only the first step to the long process of change. i need to acknowledge them now so i can get on with it.

today, i am declaring war with myself, against the part of me that i need to cut off and shed to make myself a better person. not the best person around -- just a person whom i could like; a person that i can live with for the rest of my life. it's hard to envision having a lasting relationship or starting a family with someone if i don't know if i actually like myself.

i have to fight for conscious decisions. waking up to the time i set on my alarm clock. eating intelligently and in moderation. being a more caring person in my existing relationships.

that's where i am at in my journey for personal evolution.

i've got to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment